Statistics from reputable sources such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) indicate that car crashes are one of the leading causes of death in children, and that using the right car seat can significantly lower the risks of serious injuries. Different types of car seats can be used at the different stages of a child’s growth – rear facing, front facing and booster seats. Seats may also be convertible or all-in-one that can be used in multiple modes. You can also buy accessories such as cup holders, car seat covers and carry bags to make life even easier for you and safer for your child. This list includes the 10 best baby car seat covers available in the market.
Popular Car Seat Features and Accessories
Car seats are, primarily, meant to keep your child safe. However, there are plenty of features and accessories available in the market that can make travelling in a car seat more comfortable and enjoyable for your toddler. They can even add an element of convenience while improving your piece of mind.
- Car seats are often available in a range of different colors, designs and sizes. There are plenty of gender neutral and gender specific options to choose from.
- You can protect your child further and ensure greater comfort by using car seat covers and canopies.
- Some car seats come with integrated cup holders while others allow you to use cup holders that can be bought separately. They’re not just good for keeping snacks and drinks within the reach of your child, but can also be used to hold toys that will keep your toddler occupied for longer.
- Some car seats come with pouches and pockets to keep instruction manuals and toys close by.
- You can buy specialized bags that protect the car seat during travels (when the seat is not in use).
Reasons For Using Car Seat Covers
Using a car seat cover can have numerous advantages for your child. Here are the primary reasons why they should be considered a must-have addition to your baby gear:
- Temperature Control – Car seat covers can help keep your child warm in the winter, and the right seat cover can even help keep the heat out in the summer. Having a seat cover made of warm but breathable materials can help achieve both.
- Protection from the Elements – They can help keep out the sun, dust and wind. For seats that can be carried beyond the car, they can provide some degree of protection from rain as well.
- Cleanliness – As car seat covers are barriers between your child and the outside world, they can keep out dust and germs.
- Comfort and Sleep Support – They can help keep out loud sounds, regulate temperatures and make it easier for your baby to sleep.
This car seat canopy protects your child from wind, dust and extreme temperatures. It can help keep out bugs, germs and loud noises. It provides the child with an environment that is safe as well as comfortable. By helping the child sleep peacefully, you can also achieve peace of mind as you travel or take the seat with you to the restaurant or the mall.
Whether its winter or summer, this car seat cover helps protect your baby from extreme temperatures. It has an elegant and fun design and comes with stretchable mesh that rolls down with ease and provides great ventilation. It is wind proof and comes with 100% polyester (minky) lining that retains heat and keeps the baby warm and comfortable.
It can be used as a car seat cover, nursing cover, shopping cart cover and a baby high chair cover. It can protect your baby from the elements. The cover features an elastic bottom that helps it stay in place while keeping it easy to attach or remove. It is very affordable, lightweight, durable and versatile. It provides a universal fit.
This Jomolly cover ensures high breathability, and has a design your baby will enjoy. It is made of 100% muslin cotton and is designed to fit any infant car seat. It can be attached to the seat using 2 adjustable fasteners that loop over the handle, allowing you to carry the seat around safely and comfortably. It also works well as a blanket for newborns.
The Chevy protects your baby from insects, germs and extreme temperature and weather conditions. It is a lightweight cover that provides plenty of ventilation. It muffles noises and keeps out light to help your child sleep better and give them privacy. It is a stylish cover that has gender neutral design. It is made of 100% cotton on the outside and has a polyester minky interior that helps retain heat.
This cover comes in a variety of printing patterns to suit different tastes. The materials used ensure there’s not fading or any pungent smells. It is designed for a university fit. It can be folded easily for storage and carriage inside a diaper bag, stroller or the car’s glove compartment. It is made of 100% muslin cotton that makes it soft and breathable.
The Lansian seat cover is made of soft and breathable cotton and polyester that helps retain heat. It also works well as a nursing cover for mothers in public. It can also be used as a blanket. The mid-section is made of Velcro and opens easily to provide more air.
This seat and nursing cover protects the child from wind, dust, germs and insects. It keeps out light and loud noises and helps the child sleep better. It provides complete privacy for emergency nursing. It has a stylish appearance is made of premium materials.
This cover is the result of extensive research and testing. It provides a protective layer against the elements. It keeps bugs, dust, rain, light and loud noises away from your baby. It is light in weight and is extremely easy to pack and store. It can also be used as a nursing cover and as a high chair cover. It is made of 100% cotton on the outside while the interior is made of 100% polyester.
It is the ideal car seat cover for protecting your child from rain, wind and harmful UV rays. It can keep out bugs, dust and loud noises. It provides a safe and comfortable environment for your baby to sleep in. It is made of luxuriously soft and breathable materials. It comes with a money back guarantee.
Choosing the Right Cover
Car seat covers are available in a range of designs, colors and have numerous features and benefits. Therefore, choosing the right cover for your baby may not be an easy task. Here’s a list of tips to follow when making a decision:
- The cover needs to be made of the best quality of materials. The materials should be durable, hypoallergenic, lightweight, environmentally friends and breathable. They should also be soft to ensure maximum comfort. A great decision would be to buy a cover with some degree of elasticity to ensure a universal fit.
- All covers on this list provide protection from dust, allergens, insects etc. They also provide protect from wind, rain and harmful UV rays. An ideal cover also provides ventilation along with temperature regulation. There should be no compromise on your child’s safety and comfort.
- Make sure that the cover you choose is versatile. Most covers on this list can be used as nursing covers, high chair covers, shopping cart covers, carrier covers, and blankets etc.
- Some covers may be season-specifics. Make sure the cover you choose suits the weather and climate.
- Make sure that the car seat cover you choose allows easy placement and removal of your child for emergencies. Wide and conveniently placed openings ensure easy access to your child and can be used to provide your child with extra air as well.